Saturday, April 9, 2011

just stuff

Well, just about anything to keep from getting down to brass tacks and studying for my next inservice lesson.  These are a couple

more random conversations.

I'm carrying stuff out to the car for some expedition.  A man passing by the gate stops and asks if I have anything needs repair (sic).
Me: No, but thank you.
MPBG: Any machines need fix?
ME: No, we just rent here.
MPBG: Do you have a phone number?
Me (lying): No, no phone.
MPBG: Well, I see you in December.  You still be here?
Me: No, we go home in October.
MPBG: Oh, my birthday in October.
ME: Well, Happy Birthday in October.
MPBG: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I like you. Can I have your number?

Jack just told you about one story at Sister Bodily's mother's funeral.  I would like to share the whole thing but some other time.
Brother Williamson (a lovely man from our branch) to me: Have you looked at her in the box?
Me: No
BW: You can go look at her.
Me: That's OK.
BW: You don't want to just go look at her in the box?
Me: No
BW: Really, it's OK if you want to look at her.

I'm embarrased that Jack put the green t-shirt picture in because I try to be a little more decorous.  However, you ain't seen nuttin.  There were two young women at that funeral that I simply could not stop staring at.  I even asked the two sisters sitting on either side of me if that was actually what I was seeing.  They confirmed that it was.  They left during the first congregational singing and I'm worried it's because I could not stop staring.

On the right is Branch President Collins and Dorlan who is preparing to go on a mission.  They happened to come into the Mission Office when we we there on Monday.  We were surprized to see Dorlan with his hair cut.  He hates it but we made a big fuss and he seemed pleased.  We LOVE Pres. Collins.  He tends his flock with such love and faith in them.  Forgot to say they are from the Junction Branch which has a special place in our hearts.  We have had some unique experiences there and are always happy to need to go there..


The most recent Signs of the Times:

Enlarge this if you have to. I snapped at Jack's request but was glad he had spotted it.  Taken on Washington Blvd. coming into Kingston.

These ads (or bills) are EVERYWHERE.  Not this one specifically (although there ARE probably 11,000 of this one) and I am unable to force myself to ignore them. 


   
This is my favorite spot on the way to Treasure Beach.  We have stopped several times to get a good picture (from the car because the people inside scream at us when they see we are taking pictures).  Someday maybe we'll go inside the Diamond Gorcery and have a look to justify the free blog material.

I just like the idea of a sign reminding me to
"Nice up me self"









Never hurts to have a reminder.
You may have to enlarge this to get the message.
A final word from our sponser.  Manchester is our parish so we appreciate the attention.



Don't know the name of this tree but they are all over the island.  They have just turned this color in the last month or six weeks.

That is the end and I am exhausted.  Blogging really takes it out of me.  I just have time to nice meself up to go to a baptism.  I miss you all so much it makes me crazy sometimes but we are so grateful for this experience and hope that we are having SOME influence for good.  Love, Frannie.


1 comment:

  1. Fran-
    The couch pix is my fave...but, I have to admit that there are some funny signs and such down your way!
    We are hoping for spring to start...but, we will also have much flooding when it does happen. With the tornados in the Midwest, flooding every where in the U.S., snow in May in Utah, and Donald Trump running for president...it's gotta be close to the 2nd Coming! Weird stuff.
    Lots of engagements happening...Hannah Baker, Chase Baker, Jared Gaetz, and one of the Liston kids. The wedding quilt ladies have their finger flying.
    My boys have their bdays this month...10 & 7. Makes me a little sad.
    I miss you...as do all of your family, friends, and admirers.
    5 months to go!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete